Article updated on 03/05 – President Emmanuel Macron outlined his plan for “deconfinement”, structured in four stages. We have been in phase 1 since Monday, May 3. This means that the daytime restrictions have disappeared, but not the curfew which will last until the end of June. (Click here to know more). As a result, a new certificate has been posted online by the government. We added it in this article.
You can once again travel more than 10 km from your home during the day, and even travel to certain countries in Europe. Indeed, the restrictions in place during the day throughout the country were lifted on Monday, May 3. However, the curfew will remain in effect until June 30th. It will soften over time, going from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., to 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on May 19, then 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. on June 9 before disappearing completely at the end of the month.
Until then, if you are required to travel during curfew, you must continue to bring the faithful derogatory certificate, which you can print or make via your smartphone. Otherwise, you risk a fine or even jail for multiple repeat offenses.
In this article, we will explain step by step the procedure to generate your certificate on smartphone via the online generator or the TousAntiCovid application and we will give you some practical tips.
Tousanticovid is the application set up by the French government during the coronavirus pandemic. It provides information on the situation, makes it possible to create travel certificates, and, above all, to identify contact cases.
- Downloads: 2881
- Release date : 29/04/2021
- Author : French government
- Licence : Free software
- Operating system : Android – iOS iPhone / iPad
How to make your smartphone certificate
Producing a digital version of the derogatory certificate takes only a few seconds, here is the procedure:
- Meeting on the certificate generator online or on the TousAntiCovid application, available on Android or iOS. The process is almost identical whatever the method used, just know that on TousAntiCovid, the generator is accessible at the bottom of the home page (scroll it with your finger). Click on “your certificates …” then on “new certificate”.
- Fill out the form with the requested information: surname and first name, date and place of birth, postal address, exit date in day / month / year format and time in “24h” format (example: 7:30 p.m.).
- Check the desired pattern from the proposed list.
- Finally, press the button “Generate my certificate” at the bottom of the page, this will download the document. On TousAntiCovid, the button to generate the certificate is located at the top of your screen.
- If you have an Android phone, you will find the certificate via the drop-down notification bar (slide your finger on the screen from the top) and in its “Downloads” folder. Be careful with the iPhone, the certificate will be displayed in the Safari browser but will not necessarily be saved, you can do this by pressing the down arrow which is at the top right of the phone screen.
- There you have your certificate. No need to sign it, it’s ready to use. On TousAntiCovid, the certificate will be shown to you in the form of a QR Code overlooking some information (name, date of the certificate, etc.) that you can find at any time within the application, by returning to the section dedicated to certificates.
Note that you can also operate the generator from a desktop or tablet computer. Do not hesitate to bring supporting documents to prove the legitimacy of your trip.
Some tips to save time
- Make sure that the form is already pre-filled: If you press the “my phone remembers me” button (or “save my data” on TousAntiCovid), the data entered in the generator will remain in memory (locally) in order to carry out new certificates more quickly. You can also delete this data by pressing “delete the form and its content …”.
- Create a shortcut to the generator on the home screen of your Android phone: For this when you are on the generator in Chrome (from an Android phone), tap the three small vertical dots at the top right of the screen (right next to the address bar). In the list of options offered, you will see: “add to home screen”. Press it, validate and you will see the icon appear among your mobile applications.
- Create a shortcut to the generator on the home screen of your iPhone: On Safari, the iPhone browser, go to the generator, tap the share button (the button showing an arrow sticking out of a square), scroll down the list of options, and select “On Home Screen” from the list. Finally press “Add”.
What if the generated certificate cannot be found?
Do not panic ! If you cannot find the certificate or if you closed the document by mistake, you can find it in the “Downloads” menu of your Chrome browser if you are on Android. This is accessible via the browser settings, symbolized by the three vertical dots at the top right of the screen.
Otherwise, you can find it at any time using your phone’s file manager (called “Files” on iPhone or iPad, the name may vary for Android phones):
- Generally, these applications offer search engines (often symbolized by a magnifying glass), in this case type “Attestation” in the search field (and use the sort function to sort the answers by date if necessary, this will bring up your attestation first in the results).
- Otherwise, go to the “Downloads” or “Download” folder on your phone and re-sort the folder by date if necessary.
- Finally, if you don’t have a file manager pre-installed, it doesn’t work well, or you can’t use it properly, you can download one but be careful, only use downloaded apps. millions of times and highly rated by users.
- We simply advise you Files By Google if you have an android phone. Once installed, launch the application, go to the bottom of the home page and press “Browse” then “Downloads”, the certificate will be visible first.
- For iPhones, we recommend the application Documents de Readdle, freely accessible and easy to use.
What if the certificate does not open?
You need an application to read the generated PDF file. All recent phones include one automatically, but if this is not your case or it does not work correctly, again do not panic, just download another.
- We recommend the classic Adobe Acrobat Reader, available in iPhone or Android version (almost all other brands).
Note that in the same way as your file manager, Adobe Acrobat Reader will allow you to easily find your certificate thanks to its search engine. You can also take a screenshot of the QR Code of your certificate. So you will find it in your photos:
- To do this, hold down the Volume button – and the start button on your Android phone
- On iPhone X or later, hold the Side button and the Volume + button
- On iPhone 6, 7 or 8 hold the side button and the “Home” button at the bottom of the device
What to do without a smartphone?
With a printer
It’s simple, you must print then complete and sign the certificate previously downloaded from the ministry’s website. The same conditions apply, you must have a valid reason. To download the certificate in paper format, follow this link:
Note that there are other certificates, including the professional certificate or the one to pick up your children from school during curfew. Find all the download links on our dedicated guide:
If you don’t have a smartphone or printer, you can write the certificate by hand on paper:
- If necessary, bring a classic pen, pencils are not accepted (same if you print the document elsewhere)
- Copy the content of the certificate by adding the requested information. No need to copy all the proposed patterns, enter only the one that interests you
- Date, sign, and voila
What about personal data?
The Ministry of the Interior indicates on its site that the certificate generator does not keep any personal data, which seems to be corroborated by the analyzes of the code of the form. The certificate is generated in PDF format accompanied by a QR Code which can be scanned by the police during a control. This code contains all the information you have entered via the form, it allows the police to respect barrier gestures, this prevents them from having to approach people in the event of a control or touch their smartphones (in case we should zoom in on the certificate for example).
Still, keeping the data on the police device that scans QR codes, namely Sony smartphones or tablets using a modified version of Android (Secdroid) and a specific application called CovidReader, is not technically infeasible speaking. However, questioned by our colleagues from Numerama, the Interior Ministry assured that this was not the case. The Professional National Military Association Gendarmes and Citizens also declared in a column published during the first confinement that it regretted precisely this lack of storage. And then, not sure that a collection of this type, without the explicit consent of the persons concerned, pleases the CNIL, responsible for enforcing European regulations on the protection of personal data. But if you are not reassured, nothing obviously forces you to resort to certificates on smartphones.
A screenshot showing CovidReader, obtained via iGeneration
Finally, never use unofficial attestation generators or applications, they could take the opportunity to siphon your personal data, make you pay or provide you with an invalid certificate! During the lockdown of March 2020, several fraudulent sites or applications had emerged, so check the address of the site you are visiting.
Still need help?
In the event of a problem with carrying out your certificate or for other online administrative procedures, a site supported by the State and designed by the cooperative of digital inclusion actors is available. help those less comfortable with IT in their efforts via tutorials or a non-surcharged telephone line, 01 70 772 372. This concerns the downloading of the certificate and its completion, but also other procedures such as teleconsultation with a doctor or online shopping.
Note that you can also access our guide to preparing your computer or phone for a medical appointment:
To read also: